1 – 3. Nakako Mayashi’s Here And There
Beat Connection – The Palace Garden, 4AM
The Blue Planet
1. Michael Williams in NYC
The Layover (w Anthony Bourdain)
River Cottage (Season 3)
1. I have some photos featured on the newly designed page for Riviera Club. Be sure to check out their great SS12 line and keep peeled for a TITC-curated mixtape coming soon on their site.
2. View from the Paul+Williams offices in SoHo.
Hope you all are well and perhaps enjoying a mild winter like we are up here in New York.
Not much to report other than some travels and shoots coming up this month which I’m excited for.
I used to have a Tumblr page.
That became a little stale and I moved my inspirational imagery over to Pinterest.
But I’ll be darned if I didn’t feel a little nostalgia for dear old tumblr.
So I started a new one.
And below, some recent i-net scourings and my much belated year-end music list.
Grain & Gram : Jason Gregory
- Top 10 Records Of 2011 –
1. Nils Frahm – Felt
2. Washed Out – Within And Without
3. Secret Cities – Strange Hearts
4. Small Sur – Tones
5. Deaf Center – Owl Splinters
6. Christina Vantzou – Nº1
7. Frank Fairfield – Out On The Open West
8. Jacaszek – Glimmer
9. Grouper – Alien Observer
10. Dustin O’Halloran – Lumiere
An amalgam of shots from the past several months. (Subject, Location):
1. Seth Barkley, DFW Texas
2. Ben Edgerton of Contigo, Austin Texas
3. Rob Lowe in Riviera Club, Swiss Alps
4. My shoes, Mason Texas
5. The night-stand of Joe Tomcho, Brooklyn New York
6. Lunch, Brooklyn New York
J. Tillman – Cassette Tape Demos
The Tanners by Robert Walser
1. Steve Marks of Persons of Interest (previously covered here for The Scout)
2. Emil & Sandy Corsillo of Hickorees/The Hill-side (previously covered here for The Scout)
3. Chuck Miller of Moonshine (previously covered here for The Scout)
Nest – Body Pilot
Already It Is Dusk by Joe Fletcher
My apologies for the lack of content. I’ve been traveling in rampant fashion and haven’t much down time nor a decent internet connection. All safe and sound now in the lovely throes of fall in NYC. Looking forward to the coming of snow, holidays and perfect winter light. For now, here are some outtakes from my travels.
1. Sint-Elisabethkerk’s attic in Gent, Belgium
2. Boat on riverbank in Düdingen, Switzerland
3. Kleines Cafe, Vienna
4. My dear friend, Rob Lowe, at Kleines
Alexandre Desplat – The Tree of Life
Nils Frahm – Juno
Hammock – Asleep in the Downlights
The Magician King by Lev Grossman
Modern Family (Season 3)
1. Park Brannen at Cafe Grumpy
2. San Francisco, CA
3. CJ in a canoe
4. James’ perfectly broken-in infielder’s glove
5. Coffee at home
Benoît Honoré Pioulard – Plays Thelma
Doug Paisley – Constant Companion
Doug Paisley – Daytrotter Session
The Gold Cell by Sharon Olds
Bored To Death (Season 3)
MLB World Series
(ps. Click here for my recent post at Andrew + Carissa.)
1-2. New business cards letterpressed by Mike Dacey at Repeat Press (Boston, MA).
3-4. The beautiful AW11 Margaret Howell catalogue.
Mark McGuire – Get Lost
Tycho – Dive
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
Deaf Center – Owl Splinters
Nils Frahm – Felt
Drive OST by Cliff Martinez
Point Omega by Don DeLillo
Breaking Bad (Season 2)
Low In Europe (Documentary)
Pele (Live at O-Nest, Shibuya)
1-3. Corduroy magazine, Issue IX
A.A. Bondy – Believers
Broken Social Scene – Forgiveness Rock Record (video)
Damien Jurado – Live at Landlocked
2. Seltzer in mini mason jars
3. Texas agave
Cass McCombs – Wit’s End
Low – C’mon
M83 – Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming
Tom Waits – Alice
The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy
Man vs. Wild (Season 7)
1. Candle for the coming of fall
2. Sandwich shop in the Lower East Side
3,4. Learning how to play croquet
5. Hudson River
Megafaun – S/T
Frank Fairfield – Out On The Open West
Jürgen Müller – Science of the Sea
This Week In Tech (Podcast)
Flies by Michael Dickman
Another Earth (again)
Frank Fairfield (Short Film)
1. Bridge over the Hudson river near Poughkeepsie, NY
2. Shortbreads at Strongtree Coffee in Hudson, NY
3-4. Cloth heat partitions at Chatham Bowl in Chatham, NY
Collections of Colonies of Bees – Giving
Dirty Gold – Roar
Hammock – The Longest Year
Joseph Fasano – Various Poems
Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day by Ben Loory
Texas Monthly Vol. 39, Issue 8
1-5. I took some photos of my friends James & Caroline who are soon to be wed. Congrats my friends!
7. A store-front in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn
A Winged Victory For The Sullen – S/T
Mount Moriah – S/T
Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto – Summvs
The Woolly Boys – Woolly Anthem
Castles in the Sky
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Season Eight)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 (yes, again)
My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done?
Don’t mean to overplay this, but the first installment of Kinfolk is just too gorgeous. I received my copy last week and had to document the process. The first issue sold out before it was even officially released! Nathan & co. deserve many hip-hips and hurrahs.
In other news, the annual summer “heat wave” has descended upon greater NYC and things are balmy to say the least.
A slew of new posts are waiting in the wings, keep posted. Happy Wednesday!
Gillian Welch – “The Harrow & The Harvest”
Minor Threat – “Out Of Step”
Release The Sunbird – “Come Back To Us”
Smithsonian Folkways – “Classic Railroad Songs”
The Beach Boys: An American Band (Beach Boys documentary)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2
MLB All-Star Game
1. Hydrangeas for the bedroom window.
2. Blueberries from the Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket.
Collections of Colonies of Bees – Giving
Small Sur – Tones
Washed Out – Within and Without
Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys – Anthology
Edible Brooklyn (Vol. 22)
Texas Monthly (Vol. 39 Issue 7)
White Noise by Don Delillo
Dog Town and Z-Boys
Texas Rangers Baseball via mlb.com
Thought it might be interesting to list a few recent on-goings to perchance quell any fits of boredom.
ESPN Baseball Today (Podcast)
Allen Karpinski – Vdsq Vol. 6
Robert Earl Keen – A Bigger Piece of Sky
Secret Cities – Strange Hearts
Small Sur – Tones
Leavings by Wendell Berry
Moneyball by Michael Lewis
A Thousand-Mile Walk by John Muir
Surfer’s Journal (20.3)
Ken Burns’ Baseball
Love Me If You Dare
Tree of Life